Source : Hartung and Hartung
|Source Title||Hartung & Hartung|
|Description|| The history of Hartung & Hartung of Munich, Germany, goes back to 1923 with the formation of the auction house of Karl & Faber. This firm specialized in art and books, and has for many years been one of Germany's leading auctions. Karl Hartung spent many years at this firm, rebuilding it with George Karl after the war (Curt von Faber left the country in 1939 and eventually settled down in the U.S. with a position at Yale). In 1971, the owners decided to separate the book auctions from the art auctions, forming the separate firm of Hartung & Karl to operate the book auctions. In 1989, the name was changed to Hartung & Hartung.
Today, Hartung & Hartung operates both an auction house and bookshop. Specialties include books, manuscripts, autographs and related material. The firm runs major auctions in May and November that generally carry over for several days.
|Scope of Text|
|Total Records in AED||31862|